We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Small, we followed our growth on the measures scribbled on the back of a door, day after day, always looking for vertigo. Today, we are going to learn how to transform an ordinary wooden plank into a vintage wall rule that will take you back to childhood!
- a wooden board about 170 cm long, 10 cm wide and 1 cm thick - a saw - a carpenter's square - a tape measure - a stencil ruler - wood oil - a brush - a black marker - a pencil Budget: around 25 € Duration: 2 hours
1. Start by sawing the wooden plank to the desired dimensions. In our case, we have chosen to position the bottom of the ruler at 40 cm from the ground in order to reach a maximum height of 210 cm. Depending on the essence of the wood you use, it may be necessary to apply natural oil to give it a vintage look (especially if you choose pine). Make sure to respect the drying time indicated on the back.
2. Once the wood is completely dry, draw a mark on each centimeter using a tape measure. Since wood tends to absorb ink, be careful not to press the marker too hard.
3. Position the carpenter's square against the edge of the wooden plank and draw two types of lines at the marks: - lines one centimeter long at each centimeter; - lines two centimeters long every five centimeters. Then take the stencil rule to note certain values. Avoid putting too much on so as not to overload it. We have chosen to write down the values every fifty centimeters. Our tip: use the capital letter i of the stencil ruler to draw regular lines.
4. All you have to do is fix it to the wall using an adhesive such as a nail or screw, or screws depending on the weight of the wood used.
And there you are, your wall ruler is finished, you can now measure yourself, like in the good old days! Who knows, maybe you will have grown up? Did you like this tutorial? Send us photos of your version of this DIY on our Facebook page, and find other ideas on our Pinterest!